Quality – Workmanship – Materials – Guaranteed
Guarantee of workmanship complete peace of mind for our customers.
Our promise is simple. We will provide you with a clear quotation for any work required. There will be no hidden charges and absolutely no extras. Our pricing offers excellent value for money coupled with outstanding service.
Every job we go to starts with a free survey and quotation allowing us to asses the work required and give you a 100% accurate quotation. Our charges are simple, clear and great value for money. Guarantees: Roofing contractors offering personal guarantees: Should our competitors cease trading for any reason, what happens to the guarantee? The answer is nothing. You have no rights and any guarantee issued by a contractor will therefore be null and void. All roofing works with Midwest Roofing is covered under an Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG). This means that for 10 years from completion, your new roof is covered by a three-way guarantee on materials, workmanship and solvency.
This valuable safeguard provides an insurance backed guarantee that any repairs will be performed free of charge throughout the guarantee period. To make certain that this guarantee is honoured, regardless of future circumstances, every customer receives an insurance policy in his own name, direct from the insurers, and If Midwest Roofing cease trading during the guarantee period, claims will still be met. The security of this insurance protection is an integral part of our failsafe roofing package, and we are confident that our combination of keen prices, professional standards and guarantees give the best value for money obtainable.
Roof renovation & repair: In October 2010, the latest revision of Part L of the Building Regulations came into force with the objective of implementing the EU’s Energy Performance of Building Directive. The aim is to reduce energy use in buildings. Part L is concerned with the Conservation of Fuel and Power in buildings.
The key requirements:
- The Objective of Part L of the Building Regulations 2010 is to reduce the energy use in buildings by at least 25% compared with the 2006 regulations, which themselves were an improvement of 20% over the 2002 regulations.
- The regulations come into effect when 50% or more of the roof area is being refurbished. In simple terms, it means that the whole of that roof must be brought up to the thermal efficiency demanded by the current regulations.
- A strip and re-roof or even just the provision of a new layer of waterproofing, for example when striping and re-felting a flat roof, will usually necessitate the upgrading of the thermal performance of the roof.
- This will, in most refurbishment instances require the provision of additional thermal insulation to achieve an improved thermal efficiency (U value) in accordance with the regulations. If such an upgrade is not technically or functionally feasible or would not achieve a simple payback of 15 years or less, the element should be upgraded to the best standard that can be achieved.
How to comply:
- Before work on a roof is carried out the local council i.e. the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) must be informed of the intention to carry out work.
- Details and extent of the proposed work should be confirmed to the LABC within an application to repair/ renovate.
- Work may begin prior to approval in the case of emergency repairs.
- Local Authority Building Control will inspect the work periodically to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and with the drawings/ specifications supplied in the application. A completion certificate will be issued at the end of the contract.
What happens if the process is not carried out?
- There is a maximum fine of £5,000 for each case of non-compliance of the regulations and this would fall on the homeowner and/or the roofing contractor.
- Roof work may be halted if started without the LABC being informed and any work opened up for inspection.
- If work is carried out without a Building Control completion certificate the homeowner will experience difficulties when coming to sell the house.
The homeowner CANNOT opt out from having their insulation upgraded to Part L. unless it can be proved that the payback period will be more than 15 years or the work is not technically feasible, but even then the roof must be upgraded to the best standard that is within this criteria.
What must a homeowner do if refurbishment or repair of their roof:
- Obtain a number of comparative quotations and specifications for the work.
- Through the chosen roofing contractor, ensure the Local Authority Building Control is informed.
- Alternatively, use a contractor “Midwest Roofing” who is a member of Competent Roofer, a government approved competent person scheme for roof replacement. Competent Roofer members are authorised to self-certify their work without having to go through Building Control. However, full compliance with the Building Regulations is still required.
Remember the so-called “roofer” with a van and a ladder can cost the homeowner dearly if any work carried out is not with the approval of Building Control. All materials used remain the property of Midwest Roofing until full payment has been paid.
ReRoof Standard size 3 bedroom semi-detached properties: Scaffold – Skip: Roof Stripped and dispose of rubbish: Apply: Breathable Membrane – Treated British Standard 5534 Battens – Re-tile – Dry Ridge System – Ridges – Dry Valley – Dry Verges and EPS. Loft area to be Insulated, all work to be notified to building control, on completion customers will receive their insurance backed guarantee and building regulations certificate. ALL in from £3,750… And if you have any questions at any time, before, during or after work is completed, we are here to help.
Full replacement GRP Fibreglass flat roofs £65 m2.
Roof surveys & reports from £135
Repair & Maintenance from £135
We offer a full range of repairs and maintenance services to all our customers, both commercial and domestic. When a fault is noticed, it is best to get it repaired as soon as possible. Our team can carry out the repairs on your roof before the problem gets worse. Having your roof repaired early can stop further damage and avoid a full roof replacement.
Fascias & Soffits from £695
We have a wide range of fascias and soffits to match the ones currently on your property. Our quality UPVC fascia and soffits are durable and will require minimal maintenance. Colour: Black, Brown or White – Shape: Square or Round – Prices from: £40 per square meter Fascia, Soffit, Guttering & Down pipe.
Skylights from £435
Skylights are often fitted into roofs of homes, offices and other buildings to help bring in more natural or additional light. Having skylights fitted into the roofs of your building or home is an eco-friendly way to bring more light into a room. When fitting a skylight we take everything into account, such as weather and the structure of the building. We ensure that all skylights are fitted to the highest standard.
Flat Roofs from £840
We can supply quality flat roofs for your home or business. All our roofs are highly durable: 20 or 10 year warranty. We ensure that all our roofs are fitted to the highest standard by our fully qualified flat roofer.
Midwest Roofing undertake contracts such as schools and government buildings as well bespoke residential contracts. Please feel free to get in touch with one of the Midwest Roofing team for all your roofing requirements, ideas and plans. Highly skilled, loyal, trained and experienced teams who don’t cut back on the quality of workmanship, standards are high, quality of workmanship is the key to our success. Effectiveness is measured in terms of satisfied customers. As customers are the lifeblood of any business, valuing and maintaining responsible and positive relationships with all customers is of paramount importance. Therefore the company’s business systems are based on regular communication with regular site visits by our senior teams to oversee customer’s requirements.
Midwest Roofing undertake domestic and commercial contracts as well as bespoke residential contracts. Please feel free to get in touch with one of the Midwest Roofing team for all your property ideas, plans and requirements.
Midwest Roofing.co.uk, providing roofing services for domestic and commercial customers throughout the West Midlands: Aldridge – Bilston – Birmingham – Bloxwich – Brierley Hill – Brownhills – Coventry – Dudley – Halesowen – Oldbury – Rowley Regis – Smethwick – Solihull – Stourbridge – Sutton Coldfield – Tipton – Walsall – Wednesfield – Wednesbury – West Bromwich – Willenhall – Wolverhampton